Sunday, July 27, 2014

Answer Me This!


1. What is your favorite thing on Youtube?

I am SO GLAD YOU ASKED. Let me introduce you to... the Beyoncelogues.


Actress Nina Millin performs Beyoncé the only way she knows how: in dramatic monologue form.

I might have watched this video more times than anyone else in the history of the world. I haven't gone through all of her videos yet; Single Ladies is just too good.

Also:


it's a very positive, uplifting atheist children's song. Adorbs.

2. Who taught you to drive

A combination of people taught me to drive. It was a family affair. I didn't start driving until I was in my 20's and by that time, I had developed a huge complex about driving and not killing other people while driving. I used to have the worst nightmares.

Anyway, it started out with my sister-in-law. She's about 5 years younger than I am and liked cruising around at night with the windows down and the music loud. I spent hours and hours on the streets of our neighborhoods. Then, Mr. Skeptical practiced with me a bit but that didn't work out well because he stresses me out. It was similar to that time in college when we thought we should be lab partners in Biology and almost killed each other/I almost broke down from the stress of our different work styles. And finally, my dad took me around a bit and actually drove me to the DMV for my license. I scored 100% on the test.


3. What's your favorite thing to cook?

I don't like to cook, but I do love to bake! My absolute favorite thing to make is Chocolate Coca Cola Cake. It's a southern thing. Make it! Trust me. It's so moist and delicious and even my husband who doesn't like chocolate likes this cake.

(Tip: it needs to be a cake, not cupcakes. They just never turn out.)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup coca cola
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
  • 3 heaping-ish Tablespoons dark cocoa powder
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Frosting:
  • 1 stick salted butter
  • 3 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
  • 6 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9x13 pan and set aside.
  2. In the large bowl of a mixer, stir together sugar and flour and set aside.
  3. In a saucepan, bring cola, oil, butter and cocoa to a boil. Pour into the flour mixture and beat on medium low for about a minute. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla and beat on medium for a minute more. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately upon removing cake from oven, prepare frosting.
  4. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring butter, cocoa powder and milk to JUST boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Pour over cake and quickly spread. Let cake cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until serving.
 
 
4. Are you a hugger or non-hugger?
 
I am such a hugger. I hug everyone and everything. I love hugs. I especially love being hugged by people taller than I am (not difficult, as I'm barely over five feet). I have never felt safer than when I'm being bear hugged by certain people in my life.
 
 
5. Where do you pray best?
 
I don't pray, but when I did I always prayed best in bed. As in, right before I fell asleep or right before I woke up. I was never comfortable praying in groups, but I did very frequently on my own. It just wasn't something I wanted to experience with other people.
 
6. When is the last time you saw/spoke to your grandparents?
 
I saw my Grandmother exactly a week ago. The last time I saw my other grandparents was Father's Day. I am terrible about seeing them, especially during busy times. I need to work on that, and I know it. I value them but it feels really hard sometimes to make the time to visit with them. That is a problem with ME, not them.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on watching some of these youTube videos, and, wow, the Beyoncelogues is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS